Planning to move to a new house or relocate your business? One of the most important things you need is a reliable truck rental service. Penske is a well-known name in the industry, offering a range of vehicles to suit your needs. But what about the rates? In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about Penske truck rental rates.
Factors that Affect Penske Truck Rental Rates
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s first take a look at the factors that can affect Penske truck rental rates. These include:
- The size of the truck you need
- The distance you need to travel
- The duration of your rental
- The time of year (rates may be higher during peak moving season)
- Your location
- Your age (if you’re under 25, you may need to pay an extra fee)
Penske Truck Rental Rates: How Much Does it Cost?
Now that you know what factors can affect Penske truck rental rates, let’s take a look at how much you can expect to pay. Keep in mind that these rates are subject to change and may vary based on your location and other factors.
If you’re only moving locally and don’t need to travel long distances, Penske offers local rentals starting at around $70 per day. This includes a 12-foot truck that can hold up to 1-2 rooms of furniture.
For larger trucks, you can expect to pay more. A 22-foot truck, which can hold up to 5-8 rooms of furniture, starts at around $160 per day.
If you need to move long distances and don’t want to return the truck to its original location, Penske offers one-way rentals. These rates vary based on the distance you need to travel and the size of the truck you need.
For example, a one-way rental from Los Angeles to San Francisco in a 12-foot truck can cost around $700. If you need a larger truck, such as a 26-foot truck, you can expect to pay around $1,200 for the same distance.
Keep in mind that there may be additional fees you need to pay on top of the rental rate. These can include:
- A deposit
- Taxes and surcharges
- Mileage fees (if you exceed a certain number of miles)
- Extra fees for accessories (such as moving blankets or dollies)
- Extra fees for fuel (if you don’t return the truck with a full tank)
How to Get the Best Penske Truck Rental Rates
If you’re looking to save money on your Penske truck rental, there are a few things you can do to get the best rates:
- Book early: The earlier you book, the more likely you are to get a good deal.
- Look for discounts: Penske offers discounts for AAA members, military personnel, and college students.
- Compare rates: Shop around and compare rates from different rental companies to find the best deal.
- Be flexible: If possible, try to move during the off-season or on a weekday to avoid higher rates.
In conclusion, Penske truck rental rates vary based on a number of factors, including the size of the truck, the distance you need to travel, and the duration of your rental. Local rentals start at around $70 per day, while one-way rentals can cost upwards of $1,000. To get the best rates, book early, look for discounts, and be flexible with your moving dates.