Penske Truck Rental has been providing reliable and efficient moving trucks for over 50 years. One of their popular options is the 26-foot truck, which is ideal for moving a large house or small business. In this article, we will discuss the total length of the Penske 26-foot truck and why it matters.
Dimensions of the Penske 26-foot Truck
The Penske 26-foot truck has a total length of 26 feet and 5 inches. Its width is 8 feet and 1 inch, and its height is 8 feet and 1 inch. The cargo area of the truck is 24 feet and 11 inches long, 7 feet and 8 inches wide, and 8 feet and 1 inch high. The cargo capacity of the truck is 1,700 cubic feet, and it can carry up to 10,000 pounds of weight.
Why Total Length Matters
The total length of the Penske 26-foot truck matters because it determines where and how you can park the truck. In most states, the maximum length of a commercial vehicle allowed on public roads is 65 feet, including the tractor and the trailer. The Penske 26-foot truck is shorter than that, so you should not have any problems driving it on highways and local roads.
However, when it comes to parking, you need to be aware of the length of the truck and the space you need to park it safely. The total length of the truck includes the cab, the cargo area, and the hitch. You should look for parking spaces that are at least 30 feet long to accommodate the truck safely. If you park in a space that is too short, you may get a parking ticket or damage the truck or other vehicles.
Tips for Driving the Penske 26-foot Truck
Driving a large moving truck like the Penske 26-foot truck can be challenging, especially if you are not used to it. Here are some tips to help you drive safely:
- Get familiar with the truck before you start driving. Check the mirrors, the brakes, the steering, and the lights to make sure everything is working properly.
- Adjust the mirrors to get a clear view of the road behind and beside you.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Drive slowly and steadily, especially when turning or changing lanes.
- Keep a safe distance from other vehicles on the road.
- Use your turn signals and brake lights to signal your intentions to other drivers.
- Avoid distractions while driving, such as using your phone, eating, or drinking.
The total length of the Penske 26-foot truck is 26 feet and 5 inches, which includes the cab, the cargo area, and the hitch. Knowing the total length of the truck is important for parking it safely and avoiding accidents. If you are planning to rent a Penske 26-foot truck for your move, make sure you are comfortable driving it and follow the tips we provided to stay safe on the road.