Moving can be stressful, not only because of the packing and organizing but also because of the expenses that come with it. One of the expenses you’ll have to consider is renting a trailer to haul your belongings. Uhaul is a popular company for moving truck rentals and trailer rentals. In this article, we’ll be discussing how much it costs to rent a Uhaul trailer and other important details you need to know.
What is Uhaul?
Uhaul is a moving truck rental company that offers a variety of rental trucks and trailers to help people move their belongings from one place to another. They have been in the business for over 70 years and have established themselves as a reliable and affordable option for moving.
Types of Uhaul Trailers
Uhaul offers different types of trailers to cater to different moving needs. Here are some of the most common types of Uhaul trailers:
- Cargo Trailers – These trailers are perfect for moving items that need to be protected from the weather.
- Motorcycle Trailers – These trailers are specifically designed to transport motorcycles.
- Utility Trailers – These trailers are great for transporting furniture and other large items.
- Tow Dolly – This is a trailer that allows you to tow your car behind your Uhaul truck or van.
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Uhaul Trailer?
The cost of renting a Uhaul trailer depends on several factors, including the type of trailer, the distance of your move, and the duration of your rental. On average, you can expect to pay around $20 per day for a cargo trailer, $15 per day for a utility trailer, and $45 per day for a tow dolly. However, these prices may vary depending on your location and the time of year.
Additional Uhaul Trailer Costs
Aside from the daily rental fee, there are other costs you need to consider when renting a Uhaul trailer. Here are some of the additional costs you may incur:
- Insurance – Uhaul offers different levels of insurance coverage for an additional fee.
- Deposit – You may be required to pay a deposit when you rent a Uhaul trailer.
- Late fees – If you return the trailer after the agreed-upon rental period, you may be charged a late fee.
- Mileage fees – If you go over the allotted mileage, you may be charged an additional fee per mile.
How to Rent a Uhaul Trailer
Renting a Uhaul trailer is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the Uhaul website or go to a Uhaul location near you.
- Select the type of trailer you need and the rental period.
- Provide your personal information and payment details.
- Sign the rental agreement and pay any fees or deposits required.
- Pick up the trailer at the agreed-upon location.
Tips for Renting a Uhaul Trailer
Here are some tips to help you make the most out of your Uhaul trailer rental:
- Book your rental in advance to ensure availability.
- Choose the right type of trailer for your needs and make sure it can accommodate all your belongings.
- Inspect the trailer before you sign the rental agreement to ensure it’s in good condition.
- Drive carefully and follow the instructions provided by Uhaul to avoid accidents.
- Return the trailer on time to avoid late fees.
Renting a Uhaul trailer can be an affordable and convenient option for moving your belongings. The cost of renting a Uhaul trailer varies depending on several factors, but on average, you can expect to pay around $20-$45 per day. Be sure to consider the additional costs and follow the tips we provided to make the most out of your rental experience.