Uhaul is one of the most popular rental truck companies in the United States. It offers a wide range of trucks for various needs, from small vans to large trucks. If you’re planning to move or transport some items, you might be wondering how much it costs to rent a Uhaul truck for a day. Here are the factors to consider before renting:
The cost of Uhaul rental depends on the size of the truck you need. Uhaul offers several truck sizes, from 10 feet to 26 feet. The larger the truck, the higher the rental cost. Here are the current rental rates for Uhaul trucks:
- 10ft truck: $19.95 per day plus $0.59 per mile
- 15ft truck: $29.95 per day plus $0.79 per mile
- 17ft truck: $29.95 per day plus $0.79 per mile
- 20ft truck: $39.95 per day plus $0.79 per mile
- 26ft truck: $39.95 per day plus $0.79 per mile
The rental cost of Uhaul trucks also varies depending on the location. If you’re renting in a busy city, the rental cost may be higher than in a rural area. You can check the rental rates on the Uhaul website or by calling the nearest Uhaul location.
The rental rates of Uhaul trucks can also be affected by the season. During peak moving season, which is usually from May to September, the rental rates may be higher than during off-peak season. If you’re planning to move during peak season, it’s best to book your rental truck in advance to avoid higher rates.
Duration of Rental
The longer you rent a Uhaul truck, the higher the rental cost. The daily rates are usually lower if you rent for a longer period, such as a week or a month. If you’re planning to use the truck for more than a day, it’s best to check the weekly or monthly rates to see if they’re more cost-effective.
Aside from the rental cost, there are additional fees that you need to consider. Here are some of the common additional fees:
- Damage protection: This is optional but recommended. It covers any damage to the truck during the rental period. The cost varies depending on the level of protection you choose.
- Mileage fees: This is charged per mile and varies depending on the truck size and location.
- Fuel: You need to return the truck with the same amount of fuel as when you rented it. If you return it with less fuel, you’ll be charged a fuel fee.
- Late return: If you return the truck late, you’ll be charged a late fee. The fee varies depending on the rental location.
Uhaul offers several discounts that can help you save money on your rental. Some of the common discounts are:
- AAA discount: AAA members can get up to 20% off on their rental.
- Military discount: Active and veteran military members can get up to 20% off on their rental.
- College student discount: College students can get up to 20% off on their rental.
Before renting a Uhaul truck, it’s important to consider the factors that can affect the rental cost. The size of the truck, location, season, duration of rental, additional fees, and discounts are all important factors to consider. By doing your research and planning ahead, you can save money on your Uhaul rental and make your move or transport easier.